|Organization Name||Accounts Receivable & Collections|
The incumbent in this position is responsible for analyzing Accounts Receivable accounts. The Accounts Receivable Analyst prepares reports detailing findings, and provides supporting documentation for variances. The incumbent reconciles financial accounts, processes daily financial system interfaces, and resolves exceptions.
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting 3 - 4 years successful accounting work experience Strong analytical skills and multi-tasking abilities Detail-oriented; flexible and creative with excellent organization and planning skills Knowledge of policies, procedures, and guidelines Knowledge of financial systems A strong team player with the ability to maintain confidentiality Working knowledge of US GAAP Must be PC literate; MSOffice skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Ability to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.) Ability to work on a computer up to 7 hours a day Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk Regularly uses hands to operate computer and other office equipment Close vision required for computer usage Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 25 pounds Ability to clearly present written information and findings The ability to effectively communicate information to all departments
As an eligible candidate for a position at Delta Dental, you must possess the following:
- Ability to appear for work on time
- Ability to appear at a physical location
- Ability to perform job duties for a specific duration of time
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
- Ability to interact well with co-workers
- Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance and adhere to scheduled shifts
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance and a full-time schedule
- Ability to maintain current status on projects
- Ability to stay current on training/issues in field
Effective service depends upon each employee performing his/her duties to the best of his/her abilities; frequent absences can disrupt business operations and create additional work for coworkers; prompt and regular attendance is critical to the success of the company's mission; employees are encouraged to be conscientious concerning attendance to avoid any potential disciplinary action.